a href="http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker">

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, May 16, 2011

Staying Motivated......

So I am over halfway done with my first week of this new change in lifestyle.
I know it has only been four days, but I have been really good at staying on track so far.
I have started to make better choices as to what foods I put in my body and how much.
I am on a new path to a new healthier lifestyle and it has given me hope for my future.

For those who are curious. I am doing a program called East County’s Biggest Loser. My initial start weight is 204. My ultimate goal weight is 165. Every Wednesday night myself and 35 other “losers” will weigh in. This is a 12 week program. At the end of 12 weeks, the top three people who lost the most percentage of weight will win money! Each week a nutrition coach will teach us and provide us with great information on how we can reach our goals.

I had an official Body Scan on Saturday with my nutrition coach and was shocked to find that I have 36% body fat!! I am in the “highly obese” range. This was a big surprise because when I think of people who are highly obese, I think of those on the biggest loser who have hundreds of pounds to lose. She showed me how my choices over the last 8 years of my life have led me to this point. I want to be here and be healthy for my daughter as she grows and I am so happy to have had this realization now, while I am still young enough to do something about it.

I cannot see myself failing at this. I am doing well with monitoring my food intake and have no desire to “cheat”. My husband and I went for a great bike ride around Lake Murray yesterday and it really showed me how bad of shape I am in.

Looking forward to feeling better and healthier and hopefully looking better will go along with that too. Thank you for all of your support.

My next weigh in is on Wednesday night. I will keep you updated with how it goes.


Love,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment