a href="http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker">

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Start Of Week 4

I feel great!!
Week 1 started Wed. May 11th and I was a little nervous but I was ready and determined to change my life. I started with lowering my calorie intake to 1200-1300 calories a day. I logged every single item I ate and started to eat 5 small meals a day every 3 hours. I was afraid I would be so hungry as I was probably used to eating 3000+ calories in a day. To my surprise I was not hungry at all and I was able still eat delicious healthy foods.
At the end of week one I had lost 3.4 pounds. I was hooked.

Week 2 Started, Wed. May 18th- This week I decided to start doing some exercise. It was hard to find time but I would walk around my neighborhood afterwork and then do some weight training and muscle strengthening exercises at home while I watched TV at night.
By the end of week two I had lost another pound, but more importantly I had lost one pant size too! I went from a size 16 to a size 14 and had to move my belt in one notch.

Week 3 Started Wed. May 29th. I was a little bummed to only lose 1 pound during week two (which I should be proud of) but it really motivated me to start working extra hard in week three. I am still staying within my 1200-1300 calorie intake with no issues at all. I am statisfied and am putting healthy carbs, fruits, vegetables, and lots of protein into my body. I did Zumba twice this week and it felt so good. This past holiday weekend I took Alyssa to Sea World and Disneyland which probably amounted to at least 5 miles of walking. Every night I lay on my living room floor and do muscle strengthening exercises while watching TV. At the end of Week 3 which was yesterday I lost 3 more pounds! I was the biggest loser in my group for the week. There are 30+ people in the weight loss challenge program and I lost the most this week! This is just inspiring me to workout more and continue in my healthier eating habits.

We are now at the start of Week 4- I am feeling stronger, healthier, smaller, and have much more energy. I have not had any desire to “cheat”. I am so excited for what is to come in the future and am just taking every week, one day at a time. Going to Zumba a couple times this week and have a busy very active weekend planned at Relay for Life and then Kayaking in La Jolla with Tony on Sunday.

Thank you to all who are supporting me and cheering me on.

No comments:

Post a Comment